Important update – Sheffield Adventure Film Festival

Films are still going to be shown but other events have been cancelled at this weekend’s Sheffield Adventure Film Festival.

We’ve had confirmation that non-film events have been cancelled at this weekend’s Sheffield Adventure Film Festival (ShAFF). The Showroom Workstation venue have indicated that, unless official advice changes, the cinema will be open as normal over the weekend of the festival and therefore film screenings will be going ahead as planned.

The Peak District National Park foundation are postponing their Winnat’s in a Minute fundraiser for Peak District MTB and Ride Sheffield that was due to take place at this weekend’s ShAFF.  They hope to bring Winnat’s In A Minute to a future event later in the year – we’ll keep you posted as we hear more. In the mean time their online raffle is still active, so please have a go to see what you can win.

Update from ShAFF below:

Coronavirus update – Monday 16 March

As you will be aware, Government advice about coronavirus is changing rapidly. At this stage, there is no official advice that events should be cancelled – although this may shortly change. We have been in discussion with our venue partner The Showroom Workstation, who have indicated that unless official advice changes, the cinema will be open as normal over the weekend of the festival and therefore film screenings will be going ahead as planned.

Over the weekend we have been in conversation with our sponsors, exhibitors and event partners. The health and wellbeing of ShAFF staff, volunteers, and visitors is our first priority, and the consensus in the ShAFF team is that we will be cancelling all the festival’s non-film events. This means that while the Showroom remains open, ShAFF 2020 will be a film programme only. While many may make the decision not to go to the cinema, others will still want to attend. We envisage a much smaller than usual and very local audience, but want to support our venue, a local independent cinema for whom a total cancellation would be devastating. We would encourage anyone who is thinking of attending to make their own decision taking into consideration the NHS advice.

With less than a week to go until the festival is due to take place, it is an understatement to say that we are disappointed, however, we are confident that this is the right decision and we will continue to follow the best available advice from the Government and Chief Medical Officer.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported ShAFF this year, including our sponsors, partners, and everyone who has bought a ticket. We will be working through the practical implications over the coming week, and will be communicating the next steps with festival sponsors, exhibitors, event partners, filmmakers and visitors as soon as we are able. The most up to date information will be on the ShAFF website.

16 March 2020

Recent Posts

Categories