A couple of weeks ago we reported on some potentially positive news regarding Rushup Edge. We’ve studied the documents and listened to member’s concerns and advice (many thanks for those who commented) and felt we needed more information about the plans. We’ve written to DCC to clarify:
1. The cost and budget for maintenance (we recognise this remains a huge concern)
2. The plans for drainage and the type of material to be used as we weren’t sure the plans were sufficiently detailed: we thought some of the proposals didn’t seem appropriate or cost effective.
3. Whether the works would be done to the standards recommended for the Pennine Bridleway (a member has managed to get DCC to publish this on the consultation website: great work!)
4. Whether the drains were going to have features that will be safe for bikes
5. Whether disability groups have been consulted given there are plenty of people around who could offer their opinion on accessibility
We’ve copied in Dean Collins and Jocelyn Street who are the relevant local councillors and asked for an ASAP reply so members can comment on the consultation. To read the letter in full click here.
Watch this space…