Derbyshire County Council’s consultation on repairs to Chapel-en-le-Frith Byway Open to all Traffic AKA Chapel Gate – known to us as Rushup Edge – closes on Tuesday July 10th.
If you’ve not yet let Derbyshire County Council know that you think to their plans, you only have a couple of days to do so. Don’t delay. Click on this link and fill in the online questionnaire. We’ve included our response below, and a quick summary of what we think.
- We agree that work is required on the top section which is boggy.
- We do not agree that work is required on the descent section.
- The scale and methods of work proposed on the descent section are inappropriate.
- We believe a more cost-effective, sustainable and acceptable outcome could be achieved by using specialist contractors using minimal repairs to sections where a justifiable reason is given for the work and solution the appropriate to that reason.
- We belive that the quarried rock placed in 2014 must be removed.
- We believe the £152,000 this will cost taxpayers could be better spent on this route and on other rights of way to improve accessibility and enjoyment.
This is a great opportunity for us mountain bikers to make our voices heard. The Rushup Edge saga is coming up for four years old, so let’s – collectively – make it a success story for us. Get involved whilst there’s still time.
CONSULTATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY JULY 10TH!
By all means use our comments and feedback for inspiration for your own response, but please don’t copy and paste; Derbyshire County Council will likely disregard copied responses.
Peak District MTB